1. Audie Murphy lied about his age so he could enlist in the US Army at 17.
13. He was given full military funeral and is buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
14. In 1986 commanders at Fort Hood, Texas established the “Sergeant Audie Murphy Club” in his honor.
15. In 2013 Audie Murphy got one more award, posthumously with The Texas Legislative Medal of Honor.
10. Suffering from post-traumatic Stress, he used his fame to help lobby the US government to do more to help veterans returning from combat and study the issue.