The Streisand Effect was in full force today and it couldn’t have happened to a nicer person. The dictator, who has ruled the African nation for the past 34 years, 90-year-old President Robert Mugabe took a stumble in front of photographers after giving a speech.
A little bit softer now!
Don’t feel bad for laughing at an old guy falling down: Mugabe is accused of human rights abuses and using violence and oppression to “win” several elections over his career. Some photographers who snapped photos of the Zimbabwe leader tripping were cornered by his security team and forced to delete the images on their cameras. However they weren’t quick enough to snag this video:
Weirdly the Zimbabwe government tried to deny the whole thing, issuing a statement to the state run newspaper; "Nobody has shown any evidence of the president having fallen down because that did not happen."
He was just looking for his contact lens.
The Streisand Effect is named after singer Barbra Streisand who attempted to have a photograph published of her Malibu home removed from the internet, thus causing everyone to want to see said photograph. The hashtags #MugabeFalls and #MugabeStumbling were quickly trending in response with some fun Photoshop’s of the Mugabe in silly situations. That will teach the dictator!
1. Quidditch Champ
2. Dictator Inception!
3. “Don’t Delete This Sweet Pic Of Me Getting Air!”
4. “So Much Air!”
5. Hungry, Hungry Hippo!
6. It Is Funny Because Those Are His Own Forces He Is Running From, LOL
7. Zimbabwe Gets Gold
8. Mugabe Are You OK? Are You OK Mugabe?
9. Even The Pros Trip On Those Heels
10. His Dancing Partner Went “Missing” After Making Him Trip
11. Weird Spot For A Press Conference
12. Jump Up, Jump Up And Get Down!
13. The Cop Tripped Him
14. Always Pat Other Players On The Butt For Good Sportsmanship
15. The Kim K Picture Was All His Fault
16. He Should Have Put A Ring On It
17. Let’s See You Try To Surf At 90
18. Looks Like He Got Tripped Up At The Starting Line
19. Well He Is About To Turn 91…