Woman Hospitalized After Mistaking Air Freshener For Moonshine

There are times when things like candles and cleaning products smell so good that we have the urge to ingest them... but we don't. There's a part of our brain that says, “No, that is going to possibly kill you.” Apparently, that voice didn't come in fast enough for a woman in Georgia when she drank some car air freshener.

59-year-old Sandra Berry thought that a bottle in a cabinet labeled “Apple Cinnamon” was moonshine.

For those of you who don't know what moonshine is, it is like alcohol but will ruin your insides and life more... and will give you more redneck cred. When her husband came home she said she had drank what she thought was moonshine, but he let her know that she just chugged some air freshener.

Lets just imagine this is what she looks like.

She had reportedly became dizzy and then collapsed. She was taken to the hospital, but there is no word on her condition yet. Hopefully she is fine... but she might wake up with the worse hangover ever.

To her defense, considering moonshine and the air freshener probably had the same alcohol content, it probably was an honest mistake. My guess is that the air freshener tasted a little better, but I'm not about to test that theory.

Source: NCB 26