Tornado Dumps Belongings Stolen From Neighbors On Thief’s Front Yard

PhilHaney by PhilHaney on Jul. 30, 2014

As they say, karma is a bitch. One Kingsport, Tennessee, man found that out the hard way when a tornado ripped through his home and deposited its contents on his front yard.

Wait, how is that karma? Many of the items found in the yard turned out to have been stolen from his neighbors.

Scumbag Jerrod has been charged with two burglaries and two thefts.

When a tornado hit, this “good neighbor,” Jerrod Christian, was already in jail on unrelated charges for stealing his girlfriend’s van. As others went outside to assess their own property damage, they noticed something odd about the stuff on Christian’s lawn; it was theirs.

Ed Cleek noticed his red air compressor in Christian’s yard and called the police. Cops later discovered stolen property worth around $2,000, including a welder, a ratchet, an air hose and a weed trimmer that belonged to other folks in the neighborhood. Maybe this guy is a total kleptomaniac, or maybe he just wanted to do some yard work. What kind of thief steals a weed trimmer?  Just ask to borrow it next time, and don't bring it back. Is he also hoarding cups of sugar from the old ladies who bake cookies in the neighborhood?

Good Guy Tornado

This whole thing is going to make for a great story when Christian goes to the joint. Not many inmates will be able to say they got busted by a tornado. He didn’t go quietly, though. When he was confronted about the burglaries, he started shouting and cursing at the officers, which is always a super smart way to plead your innocence. He then proceeded to go all in for the Oscar nomination by threatening to assault the officer and sexually assault his children.

OK, sounds like Good Guy Tornado needs to pay a visit to Jerrod’s jail cell.

Follow Phil Haney on Twitter @PhilHaney

10 comments
JHackerX
JHackerX User

I find this story very hard to believe. I'm suppose to believe that this guy was arrested for stealing because items were strung in his front yard, items that belongs to his neighbors? Yeah, so? That happens during tornadoes. How do they prove those items came from his house, or that he even stole them? IT'S A TORNADO. Those items could have come from any other house that was hit by that same tornado, and those items happened to land in his yard. When Joplin, MO was hit, an adult store was hit and dildos from that store were found on someone's property 5 miles away. I guess they should have been charged with stealing from that store?

StayAwakeMayzes
StayAwakeMayzes User

Fun fact - this tornado was part of the same group of tornadoes that was shown in the video from a person's front porch the other day. They both happened in east Tennessee and on the same night (could even be the same tornado, but I don't know that - there were several).

Somehungguy
Somehungguy User

Threatening to assault an officers child? Wow, must be a Republican. They seem to be hell bent on threatening innocent children these days.

COHockey
COHockey User

@Somehungguy Threatening innocent children? You mean the 10% invading our border that are shown on TV while the other 90% are gang members and adults that come for our jobs and social security? Man how dare we try and save our country. Go to Mexico or south America and demand rights.... write us a post card from prison or the grave and let us know how you are doing, douche. 95% of mass shooters were registered Democrats but smart people don't say all Democrats are mental. That's called stereotyping/bigotry/prejudice. 

LawnBuffalo
LawnBuffalo User

@Somehungguy You have some decent posts, but bringing politics into everything doesn't make you look like you know what you're talking about, it makes you look repetitive and desperate for an audience.

DREWPBALLS1921
DREWPBALLS1921 User

@COHockey @Somehungguy Just wanted to congratulate you on your post.  This is the perfect forum to get your message out.  It's proven that 95% of all Break readers are influential and powerful members of society.  Keep spreading the good word and using "internet facts" to backup your side.  Its only with the help of people like you that we will win this fight.

Somehungguy
Somehungguy User

@COHockey @Somehungguy By the way that last figure you quoted, 95% of mass shooters are Democrats, is a proven lie started by a racist Arizona businessman running for public office. He didn't win. And you certainly aren't going to win an immigration argument by quoting ANYONE from Arizona.

Sathella
Sathella User

@LawnBuffalo @Somehungguy Why do i have a strong feel that if he had said "Democrat" instead of "Republican", your shorts would not be in such a knot right now...