Have you ever tried to open a bottle of medicine and cursed the good name of safety awareness because it was so hard to open? That’s just something we’ll have to get used to because some medicines look pretty similar to candy and it’s plausible that an impressionable child mistake it for a delicious treat. Now it appears that we need pharmacist-proof medicine jars since one of them accidentally mixed up a batch of medication for Halloween candy.
Only take one!
An unidentified pharmacist in Quebec City, Canada gave away seven wrapped doses of quetiapine and divalproex that are used to treat mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Apparently, a customer dropped the prescription on their way out of the pharmacist’s store and the pharmacist mixed them up with the batch of candy he planned to give away to trick-or-treaters on Halloween.
This house isn’t getting egged; best Halloween ever!
You see? This is what happens in a country where socialized medicine prevents pharmaceutical companies from regulating their own product and charging hundreds of dollars by the pill .
Someone should have gone as him for Halloween; terrifying!
Fortunately, all of the doses were found and returned to the pharmacy before any children had a chance to eat them. That’s very good news because some of these medications come with some pretty heinous side effects such as nausea, tremors and thoughts of suicide. Come to think of it, that’s pretty much every side effect kids get when they are allowed to eat their entire stash of Halloween candy in one night. So how would the parents have been able to tell if they’ve been given a heavy duty narcotic?