Remember that jerk who raised the price of a drug that treats a parasitic condition in patients suffering from HIV cancer and used the money he made from his evil company to buy a one of a kind Wu-Tang Clan album? Well, if that’s how you remember Martin Shkreli, then you’re about to have a very good day because he’s just been arrested.
- Bloomberg reported that FBI agents arrested Shkreli at his apartment in Manhattan on charges of securities fraud earlier Thursday morning. He entered a not-guilty plea in a federal court in Brooklyn and had to pay a $5 million bond.
- He’s accused of “running a Madoff-style Ponzi scheme” referring to notable financial criminal Bernie Madoff.
- It involves a failed hedge fund he ran while he was the CEO of another biotechnology firm called Retrophin and he’s accused of taking assets from that company to pay the debts he made from his failed hedge fund.
- He’s also accused of making secret payoffs to keep his misdeeds quiet and setting up “sham consulting arrangements.” If all that confuses you, all you really need to know is that the sniveling little bastard is probably going to jail.
- Here are some more glorious pics of the prick taking a perp walk:
- Shkreli became the biggest douchebag in the world when he decided to raise the price of a drug used to treat patients with HIV and cancer called Daraprim from $13.50 a pill to $750 a pill.
- He promised to lower the price but then changed his mind and jacked it back up to his original price. He received a heap of public protests and criticisms from people such as presidential candidates Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump who called him a “spoiled brat.” When Sanders and Trump unite in agreement on how much of a piece of crap you are, you might want to take a look in the mirror.