A Man Was Killed By Lightning Because Of His Selfie Stick

Selfies and selfie sticks have been getting a bad rap lately. There are all those unfortunate stories about people getting seriously injured or even killed because they are taking [LINK: http://www.break.com/article/two-teenagers-electrocuted-after-attempting-selfie-2865181] the ultimate selfie. And [LINK: http://www.dailydot.com/technology/disney-selfie-sticks-ban/] Disneyland has banned selfie sticks because one person ruined it for everyone. Now, there's this unfortunate story of two men who died while walking through the Brecon Beacons mountain range in Wales. One of the deaths is said to be caused by a selfie stick. Yes — a SELFIE STICK.

The was not impaled or actually killed by a selfie stick. It was reported that he was struck by lightning during a thunderstorm and the metal selfie stick may have acted as a lightning rod. So it's not 100 percent sure that the selfie stick caused the death, but reports are pointing in that direction. The Telegraph reports that one of the men killed is thought to be a Duke of Edinburgh Award assessor (sounds really important) who was at the summit waiting for a group of teenagers he was walking with. The other victim was walking up the peak and was caught up by the storm. Two other men were also injured by lightning strikes and were taken to Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr Tydfill for their burns.

I never thought I'd ever say this but...please be safe out there with your selfie sticks, everyone

@DinoRay