If there is one thing we learned during last night’s season 4 premiere of the hit HBO show Girls it’s that Allison Williams has got what actors call “range.”
While Williams portrayed Peter Pan in the family friendly live performance broadcast on NBC in December, last night’s Girls episode featured her character going to a different sort of Never, Never Land. While many of us were watching The Golden Globes, Ms. Williams was having her golden globes totally ignored as her character… got her ass eaten.
NSFW Image Below!
It may be the first time something like this has been depicted on a television show (HBO still counts!) and needless to say it was a weird experience for the actress, who just as a reminder is newsman Brian Williams’ daughter. She told Entertainment Weekly of how they protected her salad from actually getting tossed on set:
“I had a couple of days talking to wardrobe and makeup to get ready to rig the thing that I wore for the ass motorboating. It was an engineering achievement! I would manufacture it if more than one person a year needed it. [Laughs] It was so elaborate—it involved Spanx that we cut away and glued down and involved menstrual pads and two of those weird thongs. I've had to do scenes like this twice now.”
Well at least it wasn't Lena Dunham.
I want to meet the prop designer with “Ass Motorboating Rig” on his resume. Apparently the whole family sat around to watch the scene… go down. Allison’s dad Brian said;
“She's always been an actress. For us, watching her is the family occupation and everybody has to remember it's acting, no animals were harmed during the filming, and ideally nobody gets hurt.”
But what was Alison thinking while the scene was being filmed?
1. Even Though I’m Wearing A Fake Butt I Can Still Hear Him Sniffing
2. People Would Line Up to Be The End Of A Human Centipede If I Were The Head
3. Dad Was Right About A Career In Journalism
4. How Long Before We Have To Film The Next Kissing Scene?
5. This Is Why Dan Rather Never Let His Daughter Go Into Acting
6. Just Remember; The More Time I Spend Doing This, The Less Camera Time Lena Dunham’s Boobs Get
7. Mexican Was A Bad Choice For Lunch…
8. On Second Thought Mexican Was A Good Choice; I Don’t Want Him To Enjoy This Too Much
9. Nope. Mexican Was A Bad Choice For Lunch…
10. This Is Literally The First Time You See My Character Since Last Season. Awesome.
11. Before There Were Actual Motorboats What Did People Call This?
12. I Might Be Enjoying This If That Creepy Sound Guy Carl Wasn’t Grinning And “Scratching” His Pants
13. Once You’ve Had Your Ass Eaten On HBO, There Is Really Nowhere But Up to Go; Oh Damn It, That Rhymes
Follow Phil Haney on Twitter @PhilHaney